Thursday, July 23, 2015

I Am The Favorite Child

I remember my brothers and I arguing about who was my mom's favorite. Of course, I am still her favorite and always have been.  

In the book of John, The author, John,  talks about himself in the third person as "the disciple whom Jesus loved." I use to think he was a bit to full of himself and was a bit bold in saying this, but I don't anymore. He knew his Father was crazy in love with him and that he was loved by someone who thought of him as his favorite child. He knew he was God's favorite because, just as all my children are my favorite, John is God's favorite and so much more. 

The reality is we are all God's favorite child, His princes and princesses. He loves us so crazy much and He wants us to know that he loves the details which allows Him to adore us and cherish us as individuals. We are His. When we are doing what we were created to be it brings Him joy, and He still loves us. We are His, and when we are not doing what we were created to do it makes him sad, and He still loves us. He can't love you any more except when the next day starts and He does love you more. 


Now that I have children I know they think they each are my favorite child and they are correct. I love each of my children and they are my favorite. I have even told them this in front of their siblings. They are all my favorite creators, but they each create in very different ways and I like to point out to them the individual things that I love about them. My oldest is my favorite creator of organization of little things (She is amazing at sorting anything especially little tiny things and making detailed scenes with them), the middle is my favorite creator of anything that involves making projects with tape, cardboard and/ or scissors (She has some amazing pictures on my wall that are so colorful and detailed in her design), and the youngest is my favorite creator of anything Lego (He is amazing in seeing what he wants to build and then making detailed creations from his mind.) I love all their creations and they are always showing me their creations. They were created to be creative and I love that about them.

There are so many other things that I love about each of them that makes them unique from their other siblings and they usually don't overlap except when I love when they get along with each other and play together. I still love them even when they don't get along and it graves me sometimes how they don't play nice.

On days when I take the time to think about my children I fall more in love with them and the details that make them different from anyone else. I LOVE MY CHILDREN and their creations. I LOVE MY CHILDREN in all the wonderful things they do that make them who they are becoming . I LOVE THEM because they are beautiful. I love them because I can pull out a book and they run from the other end of the house to listen to it. I LOVE MY CHILDREN because they are compassionate, and kind, and play nice, and say big word, and dance and sing. I even LOVE MY CHILDREN when they fight, and are irritable, and crabby, and sick, and puking, and throwing a temper tantrum, and refusing to do their chores or work. I LOVE MY CHILDREN and Love WHO THEY ARE !

I love them so much and can't imagine what my life would be like if anyone of them were not a part of my life. I am so full of love for them that sometimes I think I will burst open and valentines hearts will explode from my body like a cartoon. The Love that I have for my children has no measure and, although I can't put it all into words, I know it can't be taken away.  I can't imagine that I could love them more except when the next day starts and I do love them more.

No comments:

Post a Comment